Thursday, June 04, 2009

comments now enabled, off to france soon!

Hello everyone-

BIG NEWS!!!
I've been playing with my settings and finally figured out to make it so ANYONE can comment! so now when you read my blog, please leave a comment, since now you actually can! this mainly applies to family, so please indulge me :)


in other news, we leave for alsace, oberlauderbach, france tonight/tomorrow. we'll be waking up (or not going to sleep, haven't decided yet) around 2:30 am to get on a bus at 3:30 to the Victoria Rail Station, where we will get on the National Express to Stansted Airport at 4:02. From there, we must be on board our Ryanair flight by 6:30 am, and should be in Karlruhe- Baden Baden by around 8. We're actually flying into Germany because, as all you history buffs know, Alsace-Lorriane is a border area that used to be highly disputed territory between Germany and France. So the closest airport is still in Germany. Hopefully, once we get there we'll be able to take a nap since all of us will most likely be exhausted. We're staying in Zach's cousins huge farmhouse, and there are 10 of us, so it will be pretty interesting/fun.


I'll probably be going to bed tonight around 8 or 9. and in two weeks we are going to amsterdam, which should be an extremely good time. meanwhile, i've discovered a new love for Pret a Manger. I might devise a way to have the sandwiches sent to me every day for the rest of my life. and the most amazing salads. and then i'll spearhead the effort to bring them to the united states and create a chain bigger than starbucks. basically its all fresh delicious sandwiches and fresh delicious salads- who could ask for anything more? no one. and if you do, you're probably insane.


anyway, when I get back from france I will definitely post pictures and update the blog. i must remember to charge my camera tonight or else I'm screwed. alright well, cheerio, and have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. I love this honey..............maybe you can find out how to get a franchise going for this place..............sounds like anything inside Whole Foods or Fresh Market........I am glad to see you are eating fresh and healthy.....Take lots of pictures.......and a present to your host/hostess..:) love mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey,
    Love your blogs......Manuel Cohen reportedly was from Alsace Lorraine; born in 1833 and emigrated to U.S. in 1855. My Mother (Grace) also went to school there sometime in the 1920's. Have a wonderful time.
    Love Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi family and all who are listening!
    Amanda is coming to Holland and we're going to meet up in Amsterdam. Yippee! I get to meet a new cousin. Looking forward to seeing you, Amanda. I'll report back after the weekend.
    Love,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm sorry to bother you again so soon. I have to tell you that Amanda has inspired me to start my own blog site. I've been fighting with the whole system and been putting it off. But when I read that you just did it, I had to try to just do it! And it was surprisingly easy. Thank you Amanda! My blog is: judieye01blogspot.com
    Have a look. There will be more to come.

    ReplyDelete